Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Things I take for Granted- Post Ten

When William was a bachelor, he bought these lovely's.  Back at his "pad" it probably averaged around 1 load a week between him and his roommate.  Present day- averages 5 loads a week.

Yesterday I was reminded of how blessed I am to have a washer and dryer.  My dear friend served a 2 year mission in Accra, Ghana.  For 18 of those months he didn't have access to such a fine modern day convenience.   He washed by hand, with hands and a bit of soap.  Yet he always had a white shirt.  
I know that I take advantage of them.  The sheer amount of Disney/ Pixar underwear I wash each week would make my hands tired, let alone the sheets, pants, shirts and towels.  I am so glad that I have these time savers in my midst.  Would anybody else consider disposable clothes if washers and dryers were no longer around?  Or we could just live in denim. :)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog Erin. This is awesome. Not much to blog this year?

    ReplyDelete