Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Things I take for Granted- Post 4

Today, I realized that I have taken advantage of having a dog.  Yep.  Our dog Koa, is taken advantage of almost everyday. 
This 100 lb Chocolate Lab is climbed on, pounded by tiny fits (petting) and is called upon at all hours of the day to clean up the floor in the kitchen and the dining room.  We force him to pick up all the macaroni noodles, the scattered cheerios and even the remnants of steak when dinner is over.  A "Suffrage for Dogs" movement needs to be started in this house.
I have knowledge of some families (even larger than ours) where they don't have a dog.  Those Mom's and Dad's get the time of their life cleaning up Jell-o and sliced hotdogs all by themselves. 
In reality, Koa is such a fixture in our home as a family member that even though I wasn't a fan of a dog the same height as my 3 year old running through the house when we brought him home, now I can't imagine not having him here to protect Sam and Dallin from the horrible Monster Mama, greet them as they get off the bus, or clean up the popcorn as we watch a family movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment