Thursday, April 29, 2010

Update on packing and the whole moving adventure!

We are getting so close to having everything ready to go for the big move on Saturday! The kitchen is packed and mostly clean, the table has been taken down to make room for more boxes, and most of the storage from Sam's room is in the living room. All that is really left are some larger items from the kitchen, towels, both of our closets and a few clutter spots in the house.

After one of my friends showed me what she could do with a Magic Eraser I went crazy on the kitchen cleaning all of the cabinets and scrubbing the front door. It even took dried permanent marker right off of Sam's hands. I would buy stock in just that one product alone if I could. Can you tell I was impressed?

Tomorrow will be a great day on the list! William has 2 classes in the morning then we are going to sign the lease and get the keys to the new place! William will move a few things including this beauty I am sitting at to make room for everything else that he wants to bring down from upstairs to making moving on Saturday easier. Then he is off to work for 3 hours and back so we can start getting some of the easy stuff done.

I want to stress how much friends have helped with what I have gotten done so far... I have had 5 wonderful people come over to help pack, clean and give encouragement. We still don't know how much help we will have on Saturday, but hopefully it will be enough to get the whole house cleared out by 2 so that the final cleaning can take place. However much pain and work this move has and will take, I am sure it will be worth it so that we will be able to have a less crowded and more livable place to be a family in.

No comments:

Post a Comment