Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Waiting Game Begins

I am going to skipping the boring parts and just say, my Dr. has diagnosed me with mild pre-eclampsia.  He also said I am 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced.  With that diagnosis, he is going to induce me on Monday morning if I haven't gone into labor myself before then.  I had a nice talk with the baby on the way home from the appointment yesterday and told it that if it wanted to choose its birthday that it better get out of there before Monday.  

So here I am, and I just want the baby to come now, when it is more convenient.  Is that so bad? If I wait until Monday I will lose my babysitter for Sam the next day to Girl's camp, as well as the possibility that my sister that is our cameraman will still be at work.  That means I would need to go find replacements.  So on top of waiting, with the pre-eclampsia I am supposed to put my feet up and drink lots of water while taking it slow and not really doing anything.  I am already bored out of my mind, so I keep imagining that I am having contractions, which would mean that I could call William and have him come home from work.  But I can't do that when I am just imagining them out of boredom.  

Then on top of that, I still want to finish cleaning my house but I don't want to overdo it.  My carpet needs vacuumed and then cleaned so my sister can have her carpet cleaner back, the bathrooms need a little TLC and even though I just swept and mopped the kitchen it needs it again due to Sam spilling his wet cereal in little puddles as he walked across to the sink.  I need help but don't have anybody to ask because it wouldn't be appropriate.  And I can't ask William because he works 10 hours a day and how can I ask him when he gets home after 10 hours of working to go and do things around the house? 
Complaining done.  Off to watch Sam destroy the house while I wait, and then wait some more for nothing to happen. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment